Burundi is one of the poorest countries in the world. After decades of civil war, it has a past of violence and political as well as economic instability. GRT have started working in the country since 2018, providing Qurbani in the country, as well as hot food distribution.
On Eid Al-Adha, we provided over 170 hot meals to the poor people in Muramvya, one of the provinces in Burundi.
We are also in the process of building a school which will provide desperately needed education to over 300 students in the country. The children will be learning the Burundi national curriculum as well as Islamic education, in a world class facility, which will allow them to gain knowledge in a safe and secure environment which enhances their knowledge and opens up their whole. This is to ensure that we are building the aspirations of the future generations of Burundi.
How you can help:
- £30 – food pack for one family per month or hot meal for a village for £100
- £30 – water for one family per month
- £200 for medical aid for a person with illness
- £500 towards materials for a school
- £200 for a child education for a year
- £360 for orphans sponsorship
- £400 to provide a family with a start up business