Peer-to-peer fundraising is perfect for all types of event fundraising! Common ideas include walkathons, bikeathons, or fun runs. P2P fundraising encourages donors.
What is Peer-to-Peer Fundraising?
Peer to Peer Fundraising is a social/team/personal fundraising method in which your supporters fundraise on your behalf. Your Nonprofit Organization can utilize Peer to Peer Fundraising to increase awareness of an event (like bikeathons & walkathons), get supporters involved with your mission, and raise more money!
How does peer-to-peer fundraising work?
The overall process involves the following steps:
- The nonprofit determines its goal and sets up its main campaign page using a peer-to-peer fundraising platform.
- The nonprofit recruits volunteer fundraisers to set up their own individual campaign pages.
- The nonprofit provides the volunteer fundraisers with resources to use while promoting their pages.
- The volunteer fundraisers share their individual campaign pages on a variety of platforms.
- The nonprofit track the campaign’s progress and offers continued support to the volunteer fundraisers.